Noon Thursday, Aug. 16, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the large number of submissions, non-profit events are run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Friday and Saturday, Aug. 17-18:
▪ O’Fallon ‘City Fest’ — Friday and Saturday. O’Fallon Community Park, 308 E. 5th St., O’Fallon. The ‘City Fest’ features food, rides, games and live music from 4 to 10 p.m. on Friday and beginning at noon on Saturday. There will be a car show, bike ride and fun run at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Parade at 5 p.m. Saturday with the parade route going down Lincoln Street.
Friday, Aug. 17:
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
▪ O’Fallon Fish and Chicken Fry — 5 to 8 p.m. O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
Saturday, Aug. 18:
▪ O’Fallon Farmer’s Market — 7:30 a.m. to noon. Next to the caboose, west of First and Lincoln streets, O’Fallon.
Sunday, Aug. 19:
▪ Homecoming Gospel Choir — 6 p.m. St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1200 Moreland Drive, Belleville. 618-397-5994 or 618-245-9133. ilhomecominggospelchoir.com