The O’Fallon Progress
Noon Thursday, Jan. 3, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the large number of submissions, non-profit events may run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: email@example.com. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, Jan. 3:
▪ Chicks with Sticks — 5 to 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. Troy United Methodist Church, Room 241, 407 Edwardsville Road, Troy. Knit and crochet items for different charities and for fellowship. 618-677-7501.
▪ Karaoke Night — 7 p.m. American Legion Post 708, 104 N. Main St., Troy. Join Doctor DJ and karaoke. Sing your favorite songs or just sit back and enjoy the music with friends and family.
Friday, Jan. 4:
▪ Book Sale — 9 a.m. to noon. Tri-Township Library, 209 South Main, Troy. Books, magazines, puzzles, games, DVD and CD donations accepted during regular library hours or on the day of the sale. During inclement weather, please call the library at 618-667-2133 after 9 a.m. to see if the book sale is cancelled.
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 to 8 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Cod and tilapia, burgers, hot dogs, pork steaks, pizza, sides. Eat in or carryout. Now accepting credit cards. 618-632-6229.
▪ O’Fallon Fish and Chicken Fry — 5 to 8 p.m. O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
▪ ‘Friday Fiends: The One with the Murder’ – A Miniature ‘Friends’ Inspired Mystery — 7 to 9 p.m. The Milton Schoolhouse, 1320 Milton Rd., Suite 3A, Alton. Two hours of fun, murder and snacks (if you can find them). Tickets: standard $25; group rate $20 per person. slyhedgehog.com
Saturday, Jan. 5:
▪ Bald Eagle Days at Pere Marquette State Park — 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pere Marquette State Park, 13112 Visitor Center Lane, Grafton. Informative programs about bald eagles. Learn to distinguish between immature and mature bald eagles, what eagles eat, why they spend winter months in the area and more. Short video presentation followed by observational drive to view wintering bald eagles. Dress warmly and have a full tank of gas. Reservations are required. For information or reservations, call 618-786-3323.
▪ Birds of Winter Raptor Saturdays — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays in January. Audubon Center at Riverlands, 301 Riverlands Way, West Alton. Treehouse Wildlife Center will have a live raptor inside the center to observe up close. 636-899-0090.
▪ Eagle Meet and Greet — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays in January. Alton Visitor Center, 200 Piasa St., Alton. Celebrate all things eagle related and see an American Bald Eagle up close. Each Saturday a live American Bald Eagle will be the featured guest. Ask and learn about eagles and their habitats. 800-258-6645.
▪ 1769 Twelfth Afternoon Ball — 12 to 4 p.m. Old Courthouse, 11 N. 4th St., St. Louis. Celebrate the end of the holiday season as St. Louisans did in 1769. The event acknowledges the end of the 12 days of Christmas, leading to Mardi Gras. Features music, food and dancing from 1769. Historical clothing not required to participate. 877-982-1410 or gatewayarch.com
▪ Karaoke Night — 8 p.m. VFW Post 976, 123 W. Market St., Troy. Join Doctor DJ and karaoke. Sing your favorite songs or just sit back and enjoy the music with friends and family.
Sunday, Jan. 6:
▪ Birds of Winter Eagle Sundays — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays in January. Audubon Center at Riverlands, 301 Riverlands Way, West Alton. View eagles from the warmth of the center. 636-899-0090.
Tuesday, Jan. 8:
▪ O’Fallon Garden Club Meeting — 6:30 p.m. Katy Cavins Community Center, 308 E. 5th St., O’Fallon. Social house 6 p.m. Guest Speaker: Jerry Hearn, senior manager at Eckert’s Farms, will discuss growing fruits and vegetables along with many day-to-day things that keep Eckert’s running. Free and open to the public.
Wednesday, Jan. 9:
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. every Wednesday. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. ofallonsunriserotary.org
▪ 12th Annual St. Louis Blues Blood Drive — 12 to 7 p.m. American Legion Post 365, 1022 Vandalia, Collinsville. Everyone who presents to donate will receive a specially designed two-sided Blues T-shirt, while supplies last. 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org, sponsor code Blues.