The O’Fallon Progress
Noon Thursday, March 28, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the large number of submissions, non-profit events may run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, March 28:
▪ Healthier Together Summit — 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Faith Family Church, 704 N. Green Mount Road, Shiloh. Join the movement and learn how your organization can become a force of change to identify and implement new pathways to improve overall health. Tickets $25-$40. facebook.com/events/1022475467944934
▪ O’Fallon Garden Club District V Meeting Registration — 9 a.m. O’Fallon Station, 212 E. 1st St., O’Fallon. Guest speaker: Jeanne Carbone from MoBot will discuss Therapeutic Horticulture. 757-751-5965 or 618-407-2471.
▪ Chicks with Sticks — 5 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. Troy United Methodist Church, Room 241, 407 Edwardsville Road, Troy. Knit and crochet items for different charities and for fellowship. 618-677-7501.
▪ ‘The Hunchback of Notre Dame’ presented by O’Fallon Township High School — 7 p.m. OTHS Milburn Campus, 650 Milburn School Road, O’Fallon. Based on the 1996 Disney film and Victor Hugo’s 1831 novel, “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” tells the story of Quasimodo, the hunchbacked bell-ringer of Notre Dame, and his desire to one day be a part of the outside world. Additional performances March 29 and 30. facebook.com/events/332615430670842
Friday, March 29:
▪ Stitchin’ in the Stacks — 2 to 4 p.m. Fridays. Glen Carbon Library, 198 S. Main, Glen Carbon. If you like to knit, crochet or embroider, gather and socialize with others who share your interest and pick up a few tips and tricks as you work your own creations. Bring your supplies. Self-directed program; no instructor. 618-288-1212 or glencarbonlibrary.org
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 to 8 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Cod and tilapia, several side dishes. Eat in or carry out. Now accepting credit cards. 618-632-6229.
▪ O’Fallon Fish and Chicken Fry — 5 to 8 p.m. O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
Saturday, March 30:
▪ Metro East Model Railroad Club Open House — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Old Town Hall/Fire House, 180 Summit St., Glen Carbon. See trains running on 18-by-27-foot HO scale layout. Free and open to the public. 618-476-9228, 618-531-1589 or trainweb.org/memrc
▪ A Night at the ‘Mouse’ Races — 7 p.m. Corpus Christi Parish Center, 205 Rasp St., Shiloh. Doors open 6 p.m. Games throughout the evening, 50/50 mouse roulette, 50/50 drawing, big six wheel, booze raffle. Tickets available for purchase after all Masses and in the parish office. Bring your own food and drinks. Cost: $10 per person in advance, $15 at the door. Can reserve a table for parties of eight or more. 618-632-7614.
Tuesday, April 2:
▪ Red Cross Blood Drive — 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Memorial Hospital, East Community Room, second floor, 1404 Cross St., Shiloh. Must be 16 years of age or older to donate, feeling healthy and well the day of the drive. Photo ID required. Lunch provided to all donors. Appointments recommended. 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
Wednesday, April 3:
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. Wednesdays. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. ofallonsunriserotary.org
Thursday, April 4:
▪ ‘Bees in Your Backyard’ — 6 to 8 p.m. April 4 and 11. O’Fallon Station, 212 E. 1st St., O’Fallon. Jim Harper, Charlie Pitts and David Paeth will teach two classes about the bees in your backyard. Fee: $20. For all ages. 618-206-4379 or ofallonparksandrec.com/product/bees-in-your-backyard
▪ St. Clair County Genealogical Society — 7 p.m. St. Luke’s Parish Hall, 226 N. Church St., Belleville. Program: “Prairie State Patriots: Researching Illinois Civil War Ancestors.” Tom Pearson discusses print, microfilm and Internet sources of information on Civil War soldiers. Includes service and pension records, how to find information on soldiers wounded or killed in action. Free and open to the public. stclair-ilgs.org or facebook.com/SCCGS
Wednesday, April 10:
▪ 43rd Annual Salute to Business Awards — 11:15 a.m. Regency Conference Center, 400 Regency Park, O’Fallon. Registration 11:15 a.m. Program starts 11:45 a.m. Tickets are $34. Reservations required. RSVP by April 4. 618-632-3377 or email@example.com
Saturday, April 13:
▪ Bowl for Kids’ Sake — 1 to 3 p.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. St. Clair Bowl, 5950 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Sign up now to help raise money for kids in Clinton, Monroe, Madison and St. Clair counties. Participants will enjoy two free hours of bowling with friends and co-workers. Free pizza, free shoe rental, prizes. Individuals must raise a minimum of $100 in pledges. bbbsil.org/bfks