The O’Fallon Progress
Noon Thursday, July 4, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the large number of submissions, non-profit events may run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: email@example.com. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, July 4:
▪ 4th of July Celebration — 9 a.m. Tri-Township Park, 410 Wickliffe St., Troy. Day starts with a fishing tournament from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Contests, carnival games, bounce houses, food and drink vendors. Fireworks display at dusk. Bring chairs and/or blankets. Free and open to the public. facebook.com/events/618470388652212
▪ An 1819 Fourth of July Celebration — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gateway Arch Visitor Center, 11 N. Fourth St., St. Louis. Discover the story of Missouri statehood and experience how St. Louisans celebrated the Fourth of July in 1819. Living history volunteers will lead speeches and a reading of the Declaration of Independence. Participants will enjoy period music and dancing from 12-4 p.m. Costumes are not required to participate. Free and open to the public. gatewayarch.com
▪ Vegan 4th of July Potluck — 1 to 3 p.m. Tower Grove Park, 4256 Magnolia Ave., St. Louis. Meet at the Humboldt South pavilion near the middle of Tower Grove Park. Bring a big vegan dish to share if you can. Brings friends and family to show them what it’s like to hang out with a bunch of vegans. facebook.com/events/360008697988174
Thursday, July 4 through Saturday, July 6:
▪ 4th of July Fireworks 2019 - Fair Saint Louis — 9:35 p.m. Thursday, 10 p.m. Friday and 9:35 p.m. Saturday. Gateway Arch National Park, Walnut St. and S. Memorial Drive, St. Louis. For Fair Saint Louis entertainment schedules, visit fairsaintlouis.org
Friday, July 5:
▪ Friday Classic Movies: ‘Christmas in July’ — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Glen Carbon Centennial Library, 198 S. Main, Glen Carbon. A classic film and refreshments at the library. 618-288-1212 or glencarbonlibrary.org
▪ Stitchin’ in the Stacks — 2 to 4 p.m. Glen Carbon Centennial Library, 198 S. Main, Glen Carbon. If you like to knit, crochet or embroider, gather and socialize with others who share your interest and pick up a few tips and tricks as you work your own creations. Bring your supplies. Self-directed program; no instructor. 618-288-1212 or glencarbonlibrary.org
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 to 8 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Cod and tilapia, hamburgers, hot dogs, pork steaks, pizza and additional side dishes. Eat in or carry out. Now accepting credit cards. 618-632-6229.
▪ O’Fallon Fish and Chicken Fry — 5 to 8 p.m. O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
Saturday, July 6:
▪ Vine Street Market — 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. O’Fallon Station, 212 E. 1st St., O’Fallon. Featuring local vendors selling fresh garden vegetables and fruit, culinary offerings, artisan items, live music and more. ofallonstation.com/market
Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7:
▪ Cambridge House Open House — 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon. Come in for a tour and receive a summer gift basket. Appointments are appreciated but not required. 618-624-9900.
Sunday, July 7:
▪ Fireworks Over O’Fallon — 8:30 to 9 p.m. O’Fallon Sports Park, 301 Obernuefemann Road, O’Fallon. Celebrate Independence Day with friends and neighbors with fireworks starting at sundown. facebook.com/events/610874696055648
Monday, July 8:
▪ Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Blood Drive — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. SuprTEK, 620 Pierce Blvd., O’Fallon. bloodcenterimpact.org
Monday, July 8 through Friday, July 12:
▪ Vacation Bible School — 6 to 8:15 p.m. Faith Lutheran Church, 520 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Ages 3 years to new fifth graders. 618-632-5562.
Tuesday, July 9:
▪ Xtreme Bar Bingo — 7:30 p.m. KC Hall O’Fallon, 402 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. No cost, no cover bingo consisting of nine games with prizes such as cash, a 50” TV, iPad, baseball tickets and more. facebook.com/events/1493101177461803
Wednesday, July 10:
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. Wednesdays. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. ofallonsunriserotary.org
▪ O’Fallon Town Hall Meeting — 6:30 p.m. O’Fallon City Hall, 255 S. Lincoln Ave., O’Fallon. The purpose of this meeting is to provide updates on City business and to answer questions from the community. All are invited to attend and participate. Topics to include: recreational marijuana, minimum wage, online sales tax, motor fuel tax, Capital Bill, gambling. Meeting will be aired live online at https://www.ofallon.org/public-access-television/pages/video-on-demand
Saturday, July 13:
▪ Memorial Family Care Birthing Center Sibling Class — 10 to 11:30 a.m. Memorial Hospital East, Community Conference Room, 1404 Cross St., Shiloh. Class helps siblings feel they are an important part of the family as the older brother or sister. Designed for children ages 2-10. Fee: $5 per child. Registration required. 618-767-3627 or mymemorialnetwork.com/events
Monday, July 15:
▪ Medicare Q&A — 6 to 7 p.m. Glen Carbon Centennial Library, 198 S. Main, Glen Carbon. Bring your questions on how to register and what is covered when you sign up for Medicare. Registration required. 618-288-1212 or glencarbonlibrary.org
Tuesday, July 16:
▪ The Other Pollinators — 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Glen Carbon Centennial Library, 198 S. Main, Glen Carbon. Presented by Master Gardener Charlie Pitts. Find out what pollination actually is, how it’s done and a bit about the lives of some of the “other” pollinators, which include native bees, butterflies, moths, ants and even birds. Requires registration. 618-288-1212 or glencarbonlibrary.org
Tuesday, July 16 through Wednesday, July 17:
▪ O’Fallon Future Panther Girls’ LAX Camp — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. O’Fallon Township High School Girls’ Lacrosse Field, 600 S. Smiley St., O’Fallon. For girls entering first through eighth grade interested in having fun and learning lacrosse. Cost: $40. To register online or for more information visit othsyouthgirlslaxcamp.eventbrite.com. 618-632-3507, ext. 280.
Wednesday, July 17:
▪ Programs for Seniors: Rules of the Road Review Course — 1:30 to 3 p.m. O’Fallon Township, O’Fallon. A free course designed to give drivers the knowledge and confidence needed to renew or obtain a driver’s license. The review course combines an explanation of the driving exam with a practice written exam. Call the Township for more information: 618-632-3517.
Thursday, July 18:
▪ O’Fallon Township Senior Committee — 5:30 p.m. 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. Dinner and entertainment. For O’Fallon Township residents only. Cost: $3. RSVP by July 12 to 618-632-3517.
Saturday, July 20:
▪ Spencer Kennel Recycling Drive — 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Former Memorial Healthcare Center, 706 Highway 50, O’Fallon. Electronics and metals drop off includes office equipment, electronics, appliances, machinery, batteries and vehicles. TV/Monitors CRT cost: $20 > 32-inch, $40 < 32-inch. Not accepted: paper, glass, plastic, cardboard, wood, tires. 618-344-7232.
Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26:
▪ Vacation Bible School — 6 to 8:30 p.m. O’Fallon Assembly of God, 1400 N. Green Mount Road, O’Fallon. Ages 3-12. There will be crafts, snacks, music, recreation, lessons and more. Everything is free. Online registration available at ofallonassembly.com. 618-632-5584.
Wednesday, July 24:
▪ Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Blood Drive — 3 to 7 p.m. St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church and School, Fellowship Hall, 1411 Cross St., O’Fallon. bloodcenterimpact.org
Thursday, July 25:
▪ O’Fallon Township Seniors Lunch & Dance — 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. O’Fallon Township, O’Fallon. Country western band performance and a potluck luncheon. Call O’Fallon Township at 618-632-3517 for more information.