Students on and off base will be returning to school mid-August. As parents prepare to send their children back to school, please take the time to talk to them about safety.
The 375th Air Mobility Wing Safety Office would like to share some “back to school” safety tips. Have a fun, safe start to the school year!
SAFETY TIPS FOR MOTORISTS:
▪ Stay alert in residential neighborhoods and school zones;
▪ Remember that the speed limit in housing areas is 15 miles per hour;
▪ Enter and exit driveways slowly and carefully;
▪ Watch out for children before and after school on roads, sidewalks, intersections, and at bus stops; and
▪ Expect delays due to increased traffic during school drop off/pickup periods. Plan ahead and leave earlier to avoid the delays.
SAFETY TIPS FOR PEDESTRIANS:
▪ Cross at designated crosswalks and pedestrian walkways only;
▪ Walk on sidewalks, if available;
▪ Stop at intersections and look in all directions; and
▪ Wear bright colored clothing to increase visibility.
SAFETY TIPS FOR PARENTS AND CHILDREN:
▪ Teach children how to obey all traffic signals and to appropriately use crosswalks;
▪ If riding a bike to school, always have children wear their helmet no matter how long or short the ride;
▪ Make sure children do not walk to and from school alone; and
▪ Children should check in with their parent as soon as they arrive home from school.