The punishment for drug crimes in Illinois
Five people face charges in Madison County after a drug house bust in Granite City last week, police said.
According to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, police received numerous complaints about drug trafficking concerns at 515 Thorngate Drive from County Board members and neighbors. Police executed a search warrant at the house on July 2 and discovered miscellaneous drug paraphernalia and an undisclosed amount of methamphetamine.
The following people were arrested and charged:
- Chassidy D. Linhart, 43, charged with unlawful use of property and unlawful possession of methamphetamine,
- Matthew W. Donithan, 23, charged with unlawful use of property and unlawful possession of methamphetamine,
- Lacey N. Smith, 21, charged with unlawful possession of methamphetamine,
- Christopher S. Barr, 44, charged with unlawful possession of methamphetamine,
- Alexandra N. Hinson, 25, arrested on an active warrant for a unlawful possession of methamphetamine charge.
The investigation was assisted by the ILEAS Special Response Team, Metropolitan Enforcement Group of Southwestern Illinois, Granite City police, Madison County Planning and Development and Madison County Animal Control.