17-year-old shot to death in East St. Louis
Police are investigating the shooting death of a 17-year-old East St. Louis man that occurred shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday. His identity was not released by officials yet on Friday.
East St. Louis Police Chief Michael Hubbard said police received a call at 6:21 p.m. that a man was down.
Illinois State Police Master Sgt Mark Doiron said police do not have a motive for the shooting at this time.
Illinois State Police and East St. Louis police are jointly investigating the homicide.
Doiron said police believe the victim had been riding in a car. He said someone pulled the victim from a car in an attempt to get him some medical help and that an ambulance was called.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Currently, no suspects have been identified, according to the authorities.
Doiron said that police “are attempting to gather through canvassing the neighborhood where the shooting occurred.” The victim’s last known address was in the area of 29th Street and Renshaw Avenue, which is the area where he was killed.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call Derek Weh of the Illinois State Police at 618-346-3773.
This story was originally published July 8, 2016 at 6:15 PM with the headline "17-year-old shot to death in East St. Louis."