The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
ST. CLAIR COUNTY FELONIES
TUESDAY, DEC. 8
- Thomas D. Swearengin, 48, of 6814 Illinois 163, Millstadt, arrested on suspicion of methamphetamine delivery on or about Dec. 10 by St. Clair County sheriff. Swearengin allegedly, delivered to a C.S. less than 5 grams of a substance containing methamphetamine.
- Anthony P. Ferrera, 19, of 2600 W. Main St., 213, Belleville, arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery on or about Nov. 14 by Belleville police. Ferrera allegedly, in committing a battery, knowingly caused great bodily harm to Derek Van Ness, in that he punched him about the face.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 9
- Jamone T. Bester, 25, of 1131 Roger Ave., Swansea, arrested on suspicion of aggravated reckless driving and failure to stop after having an accident involving personal injury on or about Dec. 6 by Alorton police. Bester allegedly, drove a 2016 blue Chevy Impala on Highway 15 and Race Horse Drive in Alorton, with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property, in that he was drinking alcohol while driving, and said violation resulted in bodily harm to Charles W. Shannon; knowingly left the scene of an accident involving the vehicle he was driving, a 2016 blue Chevy Impala, after that vehicle was involved in an accident at Illinois 15 and Race Horse Drive in Alorton, in which Charles W. Shannon was personally injured as a result of that accident.
- Brooke N. Eberhardt, 18, of 109 W. Poplar St., Du Quoin, arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a controlled substance on or about Dec. 8 by Illinois State Police. Eberhardt allegedly, had in her possession less than 15 grams of a substance containing heroin.
- Eric S. Wilson Jr., 37, of 514 Morgan St., 6, Swansea, arrested on suspicion of two counts of unlawful possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and resisting a police officer on about Dec. 7 by St. Clair County sheriff. Wilson allegedly, possessed with the intent to deliver more than 400 grams and less than 900 grams of a substance containing cocaine; possessed with the intent to deliver more than 100 grams but less than 400 grams of a substance containing cocaine; knowingly resisted the performance of Shane Brown, being the arrest of Eric Wilson Jr., knowing Shane Brown to be a peace officer engaged in the execution of his official duties, in that he physically pulled away from Shane Brown while Shane Brown was attempting to take him into custody.
- Miracle S. Bell, 24, of 436 S. 39th St., East St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about Dec. 8 by Fairview Heights police. Bell allegedly, took merchandise from Dilliard’s, 275 St. Clair Square, Fairview Heights, being multiple pairs of jeans and sweaters, total retail value in excess of $300.
- Alexus S. Caradine, 23, of 221 N. 44th St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, domestic battery, two counts of criminal damage to property on or about Dec. 7 by Fairview Heights police. Caradine allegedly, in committing a battery, and by the use of a deadly weapon, a knife, knowingly caused harm to Roshawn Berry, in that she cut her right arm; knowingly made physical contact with Michael Berry, a family/household member, in that said defendant struck him about the head; knowingly damaged property of Winchester Apartments, a sliding glass door and a window located at 369 Winchester Place, Fairview Heights, said damage in excess of $300; knowingly damaged property of Roshawn Berry, a black 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix, said damage not in excess of $300.
- Melvin Weston Jr., 62, of 716 S. 28th St., Apt. 2, Belleville, arrested on suspicion of three counts of aggravated arson, knowing people were present on or abour Dec. 7 by Miscellaneous agencies. Weston allegedly, while committing arson, knowingly damaged a building owned by Phil E. Tegtmeier being a multi-level apartment building located at 716 S. 28th St., Belleville, knowing that Christina K. Lawrence, Duron J. Bolden and Paul C. Beckman were present therein, without Phil E. Tegtmeier’s consent.