The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
ST. CLAIR COUNTY FELONIES
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 6
- Thomas J. Brown, 54, of 2903 Waverly Ave., Apt. 902, East St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of first degree murder on or about Jan. 1 by Illinois State Police. Brown allegedly, without lawful justification and with the intent to kill or do great bodily harm to Lenear McKissick, said defendant inflicted injuries causing blunt trauma to the head of Lenear McKissick, thereby causing the death of Lenear McKissick.
- Jason E. Shields, 34, of 3235 South Belt West, Belleville, arrested on suspicion of two counts of domestic battery on or about Nov. 22 by St. Clair County sheriff. Shields allegedly, knowingly made physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Cynthia Elmore, a family/household member, in that said defendant struck her in the face with an open hand; struck her in the head with a dartboard. Defendant had been previously convicted of domestic battery on April 13, 2012, June 26, 2000 and May 4, 2000.
- Matthew F. White Jr., 23, of 2731 McCasland Ave., East St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of reckless discharge of a firearm, two counts of domestic battery and battery on or about Nov. 3, 2015 by Centreville police. White allegedly, while acting in a reckless manner, discharged a firearm, and in so doing endangered the safety of Diara Thomas; knowingly made physical contact with Diara Thomas, a family/household member, said defendant grabbed her by her neck and pushed her back; repeatedly struck her on her head with a gun; knowingly without legal justification made physical contact with Rahnisha Hill, in that he pushed her.
- Tyrone Groom, 31, of 123 N. Dade Ave., St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon on or about Jan. 4 by Centreville police. Groom allegedly, knowingly carried a vehicle a black Beretta handgun at a time when he was not on his own land, or in his own abode, or fixed place of business, and said defendant was engaged in a misdemeanor violation of the cannabis control act.
- Dustin N. Delonga, 32, of 1924 S. 11th St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of violation of orders of protection, subsequent from between Dec. 25 and Dec. 30, 2015 by Belleville police. Delonga allegedly, having obtained knowledge of the contents of an order of protection, issued on Sept. 2, 2015, did knowingly commit an act which was prohibited by the order of protection in that said defendant called and sent text messages to Megan Delonga, a protected party. Defendant had been previously convicted of unlawful violation of an order of protection on Nov. 19, 2015.
- Gregory A. Brumit, 44, of 1941 Doris Drive, Cahokia, arrested on suspicion of three counts of unlawful delivery of methamphetamine and unlawful possession with the intent to deliver methamphetamine on or about Oct. 20, 22, 26, 28, 2015 by St. Clair County sheriff. Brumit allegedly, knowingly and unlawful ly delivered to a C.S. less than 5 grams of a substance containing methamphetamine; knowingly and unlawful ly possessed with the intent to deliver less than five grams of a substance containing methamphetamine.
- Jamie Degonia, 27, of 2525 Century Drive, Granite City, arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a controlled substance on or about April 17, 2015 by Collinsville police. Degonia allegedly, had in her possession less than 15 grams of a substance containing heroin.
- Tilley Frank, 47, of 941 Norcross, Norcross, Ga., arrested on suspicion of retail theft, subsequent on or about Jan. 5 by Fairview Heights police. Frank allegedly, took merchandise from Marshalls Department Store, 5935 N. Illinois St., Fairview Heights, being socks, bracelet and make-up towelettes, total retail value not in excess of $300. Defendant had been previously convicted of theft of property on Feb. 15, 2013.
- Deveon L. Humphries, 23, of 6765 Mary, East St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of aggravated fleeing and attempting to elude a police officer on or about Jan. 4 by Centreville police. Humphries allegedly, while operating a motor vehicle, a white Dodge Stratus, was given a visual signal by a police officer, Jamal Jackson, who was in police uniform and driving a vehicle which displayed illuminated, oscillating, rotating or flashing red or blue lights which when used in conjunction with an audible horn or siren would indicate the vehicle to be an official police vehicle, directing the defendant to bring said white Dodge Stratus to a stop, willfully fled or attempted to elude the police officer and than when fleeing or attempting to elude the police officer, the defendant disobeyed two or more official traffic control devices, being stop signs.
- Javon L. Crawford, 23, of 1476 70th St., Pagedale, Mo., arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about Jan. 5 by O’Fallon police. Crawford allegedly, took merchandise from Sam’s, 1350 W. Highway 50, O’Fallon, being detergent and paper towels, total retail value in excess of $300.
- Leonard Hadley, 59, of 109 Kinder, Cahokia, arrested on suspicion of failure to register as a sex offender and failure to report change of address as a sex offender on or about Nov. 3, 2015 by Cahokia police. Hadley allegedly, a sex offender, knowingly failed to renew registration in accordance with the provisions of the Sex Offender Registration Act with the Chief of Police of Cahokia, within one year of last registration; a sex offender, knowingly failed to notify registering law enforcement agency of change of residence address, in accordance with the provisions of the Sex Offender Registration Act, with the Chief of Police of Cahokia, within 3 days of change of his residence address.
- Cornelius A. Wallace, 24, of 200 S. 3rd St., Lovejoy, arrested on suspicion of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon on or about Jan. 28, 2015 by Illinois State Police. Wallace allegedly, carried on or about his person a .22 caliber handgun at a time when he was not on his own land, or in his own abode, or fixed place of business, and the said defendant had not been issued a current, valid FOID Card.
- Casey Herrington, 30, of 206 Chatham, Salem, arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a controlled substance on or about Jan. 28 by Metropolitan Enforcement Group of Southwestern Illinois. Herrington allegedly, had in his possession less than 15 grams of a substance containing heroin.
- Bruce D. McMackins, 57, of 42 Ramano Drive, Shiloh, arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a controlled substance on or about Oct. 20, 2015 by Shiloh police. McMackins allegedly, had in his possession less than 15 grams of a substance containing cocaine.
- Edward C. Coleman II, 39, of 5646 Arrowhead Drive, Fairview Heights, arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about Jan. 6 by Shiloh police. Coleman allegedly, took merchandise from Target, 3400 Greenmount Crossing Drive, Shiloh, being bracelets, video games, coats and other merchandise, total retail value in excess of $300.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.