The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
ST. CLAIR COUNTY FELONIES
TUESDAY, FEB. 16
- Heaven-Leigh M. Marshall, 19, of 6024 W. B St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to property, domestic battery, resisting the police and interference with reported domestic violence on or about Feb. 15 by Belleville police. Marshall allegedly, damaged property of Jasmine Fox, a white 2010 Ford Escape, without Jasmine Fox’s consent, said damage in excess of $300; knowingly made contact with Jasmine Fox, a family/household member, in that said defendant grabbed Jasmine Fox by her throat; knowingly resisted the performance of Patrick Hulsey of a authorized act within his official capacity, being the arrest of Heaven-Leigh M. Marshall, knowing Patrick Hulsey to be a peace officer engaged in the execution of his official duties, in that he kept his arms underneath his body while on the ground to prevent being handcuffed; attempted to prevent Jasmine Fox from calling 911 Emergency Telephone System by swatting her phone from her hand.
- Dustin M. James, 29, of 600 N. 74th St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a controlled substance on or about Oct. 3, 2013 by Metropolitan Enforcement Group of Southwestern Illinois. James allegedly, had in his possession less than 15 grams of a substance containing heroin.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 17
- Louis E. Brown, 21, of 4910 Pearl Ave., Centreville, arrested on suspicion of four counts of aggravated battery and battery on or about Feb. 15 by Centreville police. Brown allegedly, in committing a battery, knowingly made physical contact with Kiarra Dace, a pregnant person, in that he repeatedly struck Kiarra Dace on her face with his hand; pushed her to the ground; grabbed her by her coat and dragged her; knowingly caused harm to Christal Dace, in that he struck her on the mouth, knocking teeth out; slammed Christal Dace to the ground.
- Timothy A. Benson, 26, of 23 S. 11th St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of two counts of state benefits fraud from between July 1, 2014 and Feb. 1, 2015 and April 1, 2015 and Aug. 4, 2015 by Belleville police. Benson allegedly, knowingly misrepresented his employment status to obtain money from the city of Belleville, in that he represented to officials from the Belleville Township Office of General Assistance that he was unemployed when in fact he was employed and receiving income, the total amount of said money he wrongfully obtained being in excess of $300, said offenses constituting a series of acts performed at different times in furtherance of a single intention and design.
- Nora K. Alvey, 27, of 602 E. Adams St., O’Fallon, arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about July 14, 2014 by O’Fallon police. Alvey allegedly, took merchandise from Walmart, 1530 W. Highway 50, O’Fallon, being earphones, assorted DVDs, towels and other merchandise, total retail value in excess of $300.
- Mary M. Hammett, 49, of 810 Victoria Lane, O’Fallon, arrested on suspicion of aggravated driving under the influence and driving while driver’s license is revoked, subsequent on or about Nov. 16, 2015 by O’Fallon police. Hammett allegedly, drove a white 2002 Cadillac on East Washington Street in O’Fallon, while the defendant was under the influence of alcohol and during a period in which the defendant’s driving privileges were revoked. Defendant had been previously convicted of driving while license is revoked on Sept. 21, 2006.
- Michael E. Matuck, 45, of 907 Blackhills Drive, O’Fallon, arrested on suspicion of two counts of failure to register as a sex offender from between Feb. 4 and Feb. 16 by O’Fallon police. Matuck allegedly, a sex offender, knowingly failed to notify registering law enforcement agency of change of address, in accordance with provisions of the Sex Offender Registration Act with the Chief of Police of City of O’Fallon, within 3 days of change of his residence address; knowingly failed to provide correct information regarding his residence to the Chief of Police of the City of O’Fallon.
- Deanna R. Turnbeaugh, 60, of 3332 W. Main St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of retail theft, subsequent on or about Feb. 16 by Belleville police. Turnbeaugh allegedly, took merchandise from Schnuck’s, 5720 North Belt West, Belleville, being body wash, yogart, chicken and other merchandise, total retail value not in excess of $300. Defendant had been previously convicted of theft on Aug. 23, 2010.