The Southwestern Illinois College Board of Trustees on Wednesday night approved proposals that will update the appearance of the school.
▪ A $674,452 bid from Sonnenberg Asphalt of Belleville to repair and maintain SWIC parking lots.
▪ A $22,500 proposal from Hank’s Excavating of Belleville to remove several modular buildings on the main Belleville campus.
“The second phase of a five-year Belleville campus plan includes the removal and replacement of Parking Lot M-1 on the Information Sciences Building circle drive and roadway sections extending from the Newly-paved North Campus Entrance to parking lot M-3,” SWIC spokesman Mike Fleming said of the parking lot contract. “Also included are concrete curbs in parking lot L-2 and sealing all lots at the Belleville campus and Programs and Services for Older Persons (site) in Downtown Belleville.”
Fleming said the modular buildings were installed in 1993 and had out-lived their usefulness.
In other business, the board voted to approve several new appointees including:
▪ Steve Holman will be paid $105,000 to be dean of SWIC’s Math and Sciences Division.
▪ John B. Runyon will be paid $54,000 to serve as public safety supervisor at the Belleville campus.
▪ Gregory Collier was hired to be a full-time custodian at $43,000
▪ Leon Fields, Katelyn Doughty, Amber Akins and Sara Fox were hired to be academic advisers. Fields will receive $40,000, the other three will receive $36,000.
Fleming said all the employees were hired to fill open existing position at an amount equal to or less than the pay of the previous person in the job.