Los Angeles Rams’ head coach Jeff Fisher tied Dan Reeves for most losses in a career with the team’s loss to the Atlanta Falcons Sunday. Fisher received a two-year contract extension from the Rams last week.
Afer a 3-1 start in their new California home, the Los Angeles Rams have reverted back to stumbling ways more typical of their last 12 years in St. Louis.
Their 42-14 beating at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons was their eighth loss in nine games and tied Jeff Fisher with Dan Reeves for the all-time record for losses by a head coach. Fisher, fired Monday, by the way, was extended a two-year extension on his contract with the team just last week.
Here’s what Los Angeles and some national media are saying about their new battering Rams:
▪ Rams return to LA officially is an embarrassment
▪ What we learned in the Rams’ 42-14 loss to the Atlanta Falcons
▪ The Rams are a mess and Jeff Fisher has to go
▪ Rams’ frustration boils over after latest loss, a 42-14 blowout that turns up heat on Coach Jeff Fisher
▪ Frustration, failure a recurring theme for Rams
▪ Rams GM Les Snead disputes report of toxic relationship with Coach Jeff Fisher
▪ The longer the Rams keep Jeff Fisher the more fans they push away
▪ Gurley speaks his mind about Rams’ “middle school” offense
▪ Los Angeles Rams already can’t fill their stadium
▪ The Jeff Fisher Rams are an offensive tragedy
▪ Rob Lowe gives up on Rams during embarrassing Week 14 loss
The Twitter crowd has had its say, too. Here are some favorites: