Seventh-grader struck by car in front of Mascoutah school
A seventh-grade boy was stuck by a car Thursday morning in front of Mascoutah Middle School.
The 13-year-old boy was crossing the street at the crosswalk when the accident occurred, according to Mascoutah School District Assistant Superintendent Cindy Presnell.
“He has been assessed and transferred to Children’s Hospital with non-life threatening injuries,” she said.
A New Baden man was cited for failing to stop at crosswalk, according to Mascoutah Police Lt. Kevin McGinnis said.
He noted that the investigation is still ongoing.
Police and an ambulance arrived at about 8 a.m. and could be seen in front of Mascoutah Middle School until about 8:30 a.m. McGinnis said the boy was crossing Sixth Street from Scheve Park when he was struck.
Last month, two students were struck by a car near Mascoutah High School.
Additional information was not immediately.
For more on this developing story, return to bnd.com.
Dana Rieck: 618-239-2642, @ByDanaRieck
This story was originally published January 11, 2018 at 8:39 AM with the headline "Seventh-grader struck by car in front of Mascoutah school."