What do public employees make compared to you?
Salaries and wages for the nearly 1,000 people employed by Belleville High School District 201 have been added to the Belleville News-Democrat’s Public Pay Database.
The highest-paid employees were the administrators, including the superintendent and program directors. Here are their earnings for last year, which were provided to the BND through a public records request:
▪ Superintendent Jeff Dosier: $184,799.26
▪ Assistant Superintendent Brian Mentzer: $145,359.86
▪ Belleville West Principal Rich Mertens: $140,843.02
▪ Alternative School Director Andrea Gannon: $137,522.04
▪ Special Education Director Melissa Taylor: $137,522.04
The BND previously published salary information for other school employees in Belleville, Swansea and Fairview Heights.
Belleville 201 provided salary information for the calendar year, from Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 31, 2018, while other districts provided the budget year, July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018. In each case, they are the latest figures available.
To view the BND’s Public Pay Database, go to bnd.com/publicpay.