The salaries and wages of more than 1,000 school employees in Belleville, Swansea and Fairview Heights have been added to the Belleville News-Democrat’s Public Pay Database.
The superintendents were the highest-paid employees in the school districts. Here are their earnings for last year, which were provided to the BND through public records requests:
▪ Whiteside District 115 Superintendent Peggy Burke: $138,612
▪ Pontiac-William Holliday District 105 Superintendent Julie Brown: $136,687
▪ Signal Hill District 181 Superintendent Janice Kunz: $136,299
▪ High Mount District 116 Superintendent Mark Halwachs: $128,554
▪ Wolf Branch District 113 Superintendent Scott Harres: $128,450
▪ Belle Valley District 119 Superintendent R.Dane Gale: $124,696
▪ Harmony-Emge District 175 Superintendent Dave Deets: $97,728
Harmony-Emge and Signal Hill districts provided salary information for the calendar year, from Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 31, 2018, while other districts provided the budget year, July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018. In each case, they are the latest figures available.
To view the BND’s Public Pay Database, go to bnd.com/publicpay.