Midwest Wingfest, a food and music festival organized to raise money for disabled veterans and first responders, will be from 5-11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1, and noon-11 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 2, on the east parking lot of the St. Clair Square mall in Fairview Heights. This event features a wing eating contest for adults and teens, a 5K “Chicken” run, car cruise and a children’s area.
Wingfest is free, but there is a $10 wristband fee for attendees who want to drink alcoholic beverages (must be 21 or older). The wristband comes with two regular size beers or one commemorative cup.
Friday, Sept. 1
▪ 3-7 p.m. Afternoon drive team will be on the Tammy Mitchell Hines and Co. main stage.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Dustin Clark — Stone Mountain: Contestant on “The Voice” Dustin Clark with Stone Mountain Railroad will perform on the main stage.
▪ Dylan Scott: Country music singer, Dylan Scott, will perform on the main stage.
Saturday, Sept. 2
▪ 7 a.m. “Chicken” run: The course will be a double loop of the shopping center. Come dressed in your best chicken attire or costume to participate in the 5K. Best dressed awards will be given. Packet pick-up is 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1, at Toolen’s Running Start, Shiloh, and on race day at 6 a.m. Registration can be done online.
▪ Noon to 4 p.m. Car cruise: The cruise will be located on the south side of the event. A “Dash Plaque” will be handed out to the first 100 cars that arrive.
▪ 3 p.m. Wing Eating Contest: There will be two wing eating contests — adults and teens. For this event, teens are ages 12 to 17. There will be a limit of 12 participants per contest. You may sign up at the Souvenir Booth. Men will eat 25 wings, women consume 20 wings, and teens eat 18 wings. Prizes: Men and Women — 1st place: $100 and trophy; 2nd place: $50; and 3rd place: $25. Teens — 1st place: $75 and trophy; 2nd place: $25; and 3rd place: $10. Registration forms for the wing eating contest are online. The fee is $15 for adults and $10 for teens.
▪ 4 p.m. Best Wing Awards: Vendors will compete for “Best Gourmet Wing,” “Best Hot Wing” and “Best Overall Wing” for the festival.
▪ Steel Creek, a country rock and blues band, will perform after the Wing Awards.
▪ Well Hungarians will perform live music to close out the festival.
For more information, see the event’s website: midwestwingfest.com.