Firefighters were called Friday morning to O’Fallon Township High School’s freshman campus for a small fire in a restroom.
Firefighters quickly put out the fire and removed smoke from the building.
The freshman campus, known as the Milburn Campus, is at 650 Milburn School Road.
The school sent out a notice saying there was a small fire in a restroom. The notice stated:
Never miss a local story.
“There was a small fire that was quickly extinguished in a boys’ restroom at the Milburn Campus this morning. All students and staff members are safe. Our school personnel worked in conjunction with the O’Fallon Fire Department to ventilate the smoke that resulted from the fire while students were restricted from the area in and around the restroom. The student lunch schedule was altered to allow the Fire Department to complete its work. The Milburn Campus is now operating again as normal.”