Watch the most popular videos on BND.com this week:
▪ Police investigated the scene where they found the body of 41-year-old John E. Middlebrook on his driveway in the 3900 block of State Street. Middlebrook, an East St. Louis native, was shot in his chest.
▪ Belleville East students mourned longtime Belleville East employee Chyriell Drain-Hill, the director of counseling, who died suddenly last week.
Drain-Hill was 25 days from retirement.
▪ Belleville’s 4204 Main Street Brewing Co. was able to introduce the outdoor space owner Todd Kennedy and his employees have been working on for almost two months during this year’s Ale Fest.
▪ Belleville and St. Elizabeth’s Hospital leaders put aside their differences to plan for the future of the hospital’s current home.
And here’s one video you may have missed:
▪ As part of a Belleville West class’ version of the “48-Hour Video Project,” teams of students were assigned an affective response, camera angle and editing technique that had to be worked into a finished scene. While teams shot film together, each student edited the raw footage into their own short movie, adding music and other effects.