Construction worker injured on I-64
A construction worker was injured on the job early Monday morning while working on a new overpass on Interstate 64, according to a local fire department.
Lebanon-Emerald Mound Volunteer Fire Department Chief Matthew Berberich said his department and the O’Fallon Fire Department responded to the scene at around 9:40 a.m., where eastbound traffic was backed up for some time on the interstate near mile marker 19.
Berberich said one worker was taken to a nearby hospital by ambulance. The extent of the worker’s injuries was unknown Monday morning.
By 11 a.m. Monday, the Illinois Department of Transportation posted a tweet that said the scene had been cleared.
Return to BND.com for more as this story develops.
Update: Scene has been cleared on EB I-64 at MM 19 near O'Fallon. #ILtraffic
— IDOT (@IDOT_Illinois) August 8, 2016
This story was originally published August 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM with the headline "Construction worker injured on I-64."