Watch the most popular videos on bnd.com. this week:
Wildlife center releases bald eagle in honor of slain police officer
▪ The TreeHouse Wildlife Center, in Dow, on Sunday, Oct. 16 released a bald eagle in honor of St. Louis County Police Officer Blake Snyder who was shot and killed in the line of duty. Snyder's widow, Elizabeth, who was an intern with the wildlife center, helped with the release, which took place at the Audubon Center at the Riverlands in West Alton.
Body found near interstate in metro-east
▪ A body was found Monday, Oct. 17 at the intersection of Interstate 64 and Kingshighway in Washington Park. Passersby saw the body in weeds near the highway and notified police. The body was later identified as that of DeAndre M. Davidson, a 21-year-old Washington Park resident.
Car crashes through wall of O’Fallon pizzeria
▪ Customer Steven Ortiz talks about what he saw Tuesday, Oct. 18 when a car crashed through wall and into the booth he was sitting in at Gia's Pizza in O'Fallon.
Man talks involvement in car crash at pizzeria
▪ Stephen Grider talks about being involved in a crash that saw a car go through the wall of Gia's Pizza in O'Fallon around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 18.
Three-vehicle crash in Belleville leads to extrications
▪ Two people had to be extricated from their vehicles and taken to the hospital Friday night after a three-vehicle crash around 9:20 p.m. at the intersection of Illinois 15 and Belleville West Parkway.
Pedestrian hit on North Belt West
▪ A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle in front of Shop and Save on North Belt West in Belleville, Illinois, about 8:25 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17.
Police find missing Shiloh boy in Walmart bathroom
▪ Belleville police lead a boy out of Walmart in Belleville who matched the description of the missing boy from Shiloh. The boy was hiding in the men's room. He was found around Thursday, Oct. 20 at 10:35 pm.
South Shore State Park at Carlyle Lake in extreme disrepair
▪ The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is revoking the Illinois Department of Natural Resources lease at South Shore State Park at Carlyle Lake, saying Illinois has neglected the park on the shores of the lake.
Shiloh assistant police chief talks about missing boy
▪ Shiloh assistant police chief Gary McGill talks about an effort to find a missing 12-year-old boy near the department headquarters on Thursday, Oct. 20.
Dancing ‘grandmas’ make appearance at school board meeting
▪ Staff from Westhaven Elementary School performed a choreographed dance for the Belleville District 118 School Board at its Tuesday, Oct. 18 meeting. They were dressed up as grandmas.